A look at what happens when you've climbed back out of the rabbit hole.

Friday, February 17, 2012

What I Know (and what I still don't)

What I Know:

I have a husband, whom I cherish more than anyone on this earth, who loves me unconditionally.

I have been blessed with three of the most wonderful, beautiful, incredible, smart, amazing children on the planet.

There is a God in Heaven who loves me for who I am, who forgives me for all of my poor choices, and who sees in me a potential I can't see in myself.

I have done my body a great deal of damage, some fixable, some irreparable.

I am fighting a battle against a most formidable foe, one that attempts to convince me every day that it is my ally and not my greatest threat.

I have the most dedicated, affectionate, caring, empathic, beautiful friends.

My past does not define me, no matter how much my memories and nightmares try to prove to the contrary.

What I don't know:

How to truly acknowledge that a number on the scale does not prove my worth.

How to understand that the size of my jeans has no bearing on my value as a human being.

How to accept that I am okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment