A look at what happens when you've climbed back out of the rabbit hole.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Stuck

Have you ever had somebody call bullshit on you?
Had somebody hold up a mirror to you
and you don't know whether to scream or run or sit and take it like a man
or stand and fight, let the punches fall where they land
So maybe I'm dramatic
or a fucking fanatic
or maybe I'm just good at it
and I gotta be good at something

This is my life, not some TV movie
the shit that happened molded and moved me
So maybe I'm not a well-adjusted girl
Maybe I don't live in a well-adjusted world
I think I deserve to be a little bit mad
at God for all the shit that I never had
And I think I deserve to throw some punches around
Hope they connect with the throats of those who held me down

So yeah, this is me and I don't know what I want
Don't know who I am or what life that I want
I just know I'm sick and tired of all of this lying
Mad as hell that I can't seem to stop crying
Maybe I needed to be called out to reality
Maybe I had to see that it all comes back to me
It's a choice and I fucking hate making choices
I'd rather be a real crazy out chasing voices
that aren't there, but I'm there, and life isn't fair
Sometimes I just wanna close my eyes
and pretend it's not real
But it is, it always has been, and right now I feel
stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment